Río Lagartos, fishing village, protected reserve in Yucatán. By boat we will go in its canals with mangroves, with Pink Flamingos, Herons, and others, passing under the Las Coloradas bridge to reach the salt deposits, then giving us a Mayan bath with clay. We will visit a water hole, as well as a cenote to swim and relax.
For last minute bookings:
- Round transportation in units equipped with A/C
- Bilingual guide.
- Boat tour through the Río Lagartos Reserve (mangroves, bird watching, water eye and crocodiles)
- Visit to Las Colorada and Mayan Bath.
- Food on a virgin beach: Option of fish, chicken or vegetarian.
- Drinks during transportation and on the boat. (2 waters, 3 beers and 2 soft drinks).
- Visit and swim in Cenote.
- Adults and children pay $ 15 USD tax for natural reserve. Has to be paid at boarding.
- Activity not suitable for children under 3 years old.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sandals or comfortable shoes
- Swimsuit and towel
- Extra money (drinks, souvenirs when you visit the Island and tips)
- Change of clothes
- Sunscreen and biodegradable repellent
- Availability: Wednesday and Fridays
Duration: 12 – 14 hours approximately
Río lagartos - las coloradas the flamingo route
Río Lagartos is a small fishing village located in a Protected Environmental Reserve; one of the natural jewels of the Yucatan peninsula. Here we will enjoy a boat trip through its canals surrounded by mangroves, where you can observe species of birds such as: Pink Flamingo, Herons, Eagles, Seagulls, Pelicans and Cormorants. During the tour we will pass under the Las Coloradas bridge to reach the salt deposits, where we can see different bodies of water that are used for this process, some of a striking pink color. Next, we can enjoy a Mayan Bath and cover our bodies with clays full of nutrients.
Then we will go to a virgin beach to remove the mud in its crystalline waters and where we will taste a delicious meal based on the fish and shellfish of the area.
Before boarding the bus, we will visit a spring surrounded by impressive mangroves up to 25 meters high and authentic crocodiles of the region. On the way back we will make the last stop to see one of the impressive cenotes in the area. Located inside a cattle ranch, typical of the Flamingo Route region, we can swim and relax in this unique place. The best climax to this intense adventure.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.